The Chitrolekha Journal on Art and Design (E-ISSN 2456-978X) is a scholarly platform for discussions on the evolution and intercategorial development of art and design. The journal explores arts both as a mode of signaling as well as being in an ontological sense. The mystery of the first arts of our ancestors intrigues us today, from a scientific as much as an aesthetic perspective. Similarly the future of arts leads us to think of things quite unknown to us. The scope of the journal therefore, is open-ended so as to be able to incorporate and address emerging areas in human arts and sciences. The broad areas of representation are:
- History and Prehistory of Art
- Visual Studies
- Performance Arts
- Art and Religion
- Art and Technology
- Design and Culture
- Art, Ecology, Environment
- Contemporary Art
- Commercial design aesthetics
- Industrial Design, Innovations and Economy
- Textiles, Fashion, Perishable Arts
- Handicrafts and Heritage Preservation & Management
- To explore interdisciplinary relationships of art with other disciplines and emerging fields.
- To facilitate understanding of the patterns and structures of art and design across cultures.
- To promote emerging forms of art and technology
- To engage in scholarly discussion of commercial and industrial design, aesthetics and economy.
Continuous publication distributed to three issues yearly
Aesthetics Media Services
Prop. Amit Pandey
Address: Dewly, Raghunathganj, Murshidabad, West Bengal, PIN 742225