The Chitrolekha Journal on Art and Design (E-ISSN 2456-978X) is a scholarly platform for discussions on the evolution and intercategorial development of art and design. The journal explores arts both as a mode of signaling as well as being in an ontological sense. The mystery of the first arts of our ancestors intrigues us today, from a scientific as much as an aesthetic perspective. Similarly the future of arts leads us to think of things quite unknown to us. The scope of the journal therefore, will be open-ended so as to be able to incorporate and address emerging areas in human arts and sciences. The broad areas of representation are:
- History and Prehistory of Art
- Visual Studies
- Performance Arts
- Art and Religion
- Art and Technology
- Design and Culture
- Art, Ecology, Environment
- Contemporary Art
- Commercial design aesthetics
- Industrial Design, Innovations and Economy
- Textiles, Fashion, Perishable Arts
- Handicrafts and Heritage Preservation & Management
- To explore interdisciplinary relationships of art with other disciplines and emerging fields.
- To facilitate understanding of the patterns and structures of art and design across cultures.
- To promote emerging forms of art and technology
- To engage in scholarly discussion of commercial and industrial design, aesthetics and economy.
Continuous publication distributed to three issues yearly
Aesthetics Media Services
Prop. Amit Pandey
Address: Dewly, Raghunathganj, Murshidabad, West Bengal, PIN 742225